With its close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding tropical savannahs, bushlands and rainforest, James Cook's campus is a breathtaking sample of Australia's rich environment. Science courses make sure to take advantage of the environment with fieldwork components.
There is an extensive range of course offerings, including an internationally renowned marine biology program as well as other programs in biodiversity, tropical environmental studies, earth sciences, tropical health, and tourism. JCU is consistently ranked in the world's top three for research performance in the areas of ecology and environment, plant and animal sciences, and geosciences and is ranked among the top 12 tourism education institutions in the world with its special focus on ecotourism. Special offerings also include cultural heritage management and Asia-Pacific community development.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.